Treat Mum to a delicious breakfast packed with love and see below for ideas for that perfect spoily gift for Mothering Sunday March 6th
Indulge her with eggs on avocado with grilled tomatoes followed by Swedish pancakes with seasonal fruits, cottage cheese, cinnamon and honey. And promise, don’t let her in the kitchen today!
Recipes, photography and styling by the amazing Liselotte Forslin
Eggs on avocado
1 egg, poached or fried
a handful of cherry tomatoes
flaky seasalt and fresh pepper
- Peel and slice the avocado in thin slices and arrange on a plate.
- Poach or fry an egg on one side.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and quickly grill or fry them in a little olive oil.
- Place the egg on the avocado and arrange the tomatoes around.
- Sprinkle on some chili flakes, salt and peppar and serve.
Learn how to poach an egg:
This batch serves 4 people, you can make half a batch if you want.
Serve with cottage cheese, sliced blood oranges and kiwi, cinnamon, honey and pumpkin seeds on top.
150 g flour (2 ½ dl)
1 pinch of salt
600 ml milk (6 dl)
oil or butter for frying
Sliced blood oranges and kiwi
Pumpkin seeds or nuts of your choice
- Mix the flour and the salt with half the milk using a whisk.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a frying pan and add approximately 50 ml batter while swirling the pan so the batter cover the bottom in a thin layer.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes then flip and cook another 30 seconds on the other side.
Liselotte Forslin: Food writer and recipe creator / Food stylist / Cook book author
Get inspired: www.leparfait.se
Click below to view our extremely tasteful and stylish kitchenware, for the Mum who loves to cook and loves beautiful things even more...
Click below \/